According to Sharon, Jews call the shots in America. Ariel Sharon - October 3, 2001: “Every time we do something you tell me Americans will do this and will do that. I want to tell you something very clear, don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”
According to documents filed with the House Ethics Committee, 81 Congressional representatives traveled to Israel during August 2011, courtesy of the American Israel Education Foundation (AIEF), the charitable arm of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC).
Among the US representatives to travel to Israel were Congressman Tim Scott (R-SC) and his nephew, whose trip cost $21,000.
"I went to Israel 12 days ago, and I had the greatest spiritual and political revival I've had a very long time," Scott told members of Seacoast Church in South Carolina. "I was sitting on the Sabbath at a dinner, listening to an observant orthodox Jew talk to me about the miracle of America. And he was asking me — or almost begging me — to make sure America stays strong."
But Michael Cohen, a senior fellow at the American Security Project, said that such trips — while legal — distort politics.
"It gives a distorted view of what is going on in Israel and what is going on with the Palestinians, but it's somewhat part for the course, unfortunately, in the way foreign policy runs in this country," Cohen said.
Over 80 lawmakers — one-fifth of all of the House of Representatives — will be using their summer recess to spend some time in Israel thanks to an excursion being outlined by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Self-described as "America's leading pro-Israel lobby," 55 Republicans and 26 Democrats will be flying overseas too see what all the hubbub is about.
At such perfect timing too, with absolutely nothing at all to worry about in America.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy and Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer will be among the six dozen-plus lawmakers made the excursion this summer.
Aside from sponsoring the congressional journey to Israel through AIEF, AIPAC and other pro-Israel interest groups contribute the most of any lobby to federal candidates in the US — a total of $11.7 million in donations in 2010 alone.
Author and researcher Rachel Tabachnick said that AIPAC is increasingly joined in its political donations and lobbying efforts by pro-Israel evangelical Christian groups, like Christians United for Israel (CUFI).
"Christian Zionist groups claim that when some events are taking place, they can get hundreds of thousands of emails to the White House and tens of thousands of emails and phone contacts to members of the House and the Senate. When Christians United for Israel holds their conference, they go and they personally lobby. When you take the combined forces of AIPAC and this Christian Zionist lobbying, it's quite substantial," Tabachnick said.
Influential conservative television host Glenn Beck brought hundreds of Christians to Israel for his rally. Beck was also one of the headline speakers at the 2011 CUFI conference in Washington DC.
"In Israel, there is more courage in one soldier than in the combined and cold hearts of every bureaucrat at the United Nations," Beck said during his Israel rally.
The US House of Representatives voted 407 to 6 to cut all aid to the Palestinian Authority on July 8, 2011 should it seek statehood at the UN. The move was supported by Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL). Documents filed with the House Ethics Committee show that Ros-Lehtinen has traveled or sent her staff to Israel six times with lobbyists' dollars.
"The Palestinian scheme is not the way to get peace with Israel. How will recognition of a Palestinian state bring Israel and the Palestinians closer to peace?" Ros-Lehtinen said during a press conference on September 13, 2011.
Cohen said blocking Palestinian statehood is not a position that makes sense for the US.
"It's not going to help our position in the Arab world, and we are basically supportive of Israel in a way that is destructive, maybe that's a strong word, but certainly is not helpful to US security and US interests,"
- Bernardo Navarro:"I get Israel is our adopted son from a illegitimate marriage but shouldn't we be in the side of the American people instead of blatantly kissing Jewish bottom in such a way that their faces look like Jewish asses. I do not know but it is over the board the relationship between the congress of the USA and the administration of Netanyahu. If you ask me something Jewish is going on in Congress that smell like matzo-balls. How it possible that our congress disregard the article in our constitution which said that we should not embrace foreign nations business for the betterment of those aliens nations. In truthful language it is tantamount of high treason and those members of congress who have been kissing the bottom of Israel should be expelled from nation but not before being charged with treasonous acts against the peoples republic."
- Nicole Nonya:"There are more than 100 legislators in the US government with duel Israeli citizenship. Christian Zionists are a brainwashed cult. America deserves to crumble with the D rated infrastructure due to it's Zionist Jewish worship. People with no self respect."
- bovgoeswoowoo:"U.S. Congress refuse to tell Israel to take a hike and stop groveling because they only care about Rothschild's fiat currency. Who helped create an Israeli state? Rothschild family! Who helped create and grow the modern Zionist movement? Rothschild family and Britain, specifically Arthur Balfour with the Arthur Balfour Declaration 1917 where he gifted Palestine to Rothschild for his "Zionist aspirations". Arthur Balfour was Britain's foreign relations secretary. U.S. Congress are moral cowards, sell outs to Rothschild's fiat dollar and his israhell. I should also note that another dangerous factions that have infiltrated the U.S. government are Freemasons, and knights of Malta. John F. Kennedy warned the American people about the "repugnant" secret societies and the people didn't listen, instead they just called anyone who informed them a 'conspiracy theorist'. So the American people are getting everything they deserve. When the people wake up and start doing the research themselves is when they will realize that the "Illuminati" is not a conspiracy theory, and that it is a real group of sick twisted people who are wrecking havoc on this planet. Sad to say it will likely take more taxation, more regulations, more loss of rights and liberty in order for some people to be snapped out of their slumber. Meanwhile, those of us who are awake are suffering due to the ignorance and stubbornness of the sheeple."
- Fred Flintstone:"Jews boast openly of their monopolistic control of American media. They smear or blackout any politician who might stand up to them, like Mike Gravel or Ron Paul. How is this ever possibly going to change? Voting is useless. The Jews' power comes from money, which came originally out of YOUR consumer wallet. Short of shorting them, boycotting Jewish monopolies, is your only way to fight back. Start with your TV and Hollywood. Quit them. It's not hard."
- Metsada007:"Netanyahu is a terrorist, what is he doing there? Why is he not arrested? And I thought the U.S. hated terrorists."
- JesusisLord356:"Only a person with no brains what so ever will believe that Natanyahu wants peace. The U.S. law makers are weak. AIPAC is a terrorist organization! What do you think, the former senator is 100% right."
- starlight1946:"The U.S. Congress is controlled by AIPAC, Obama does what Israel wants done."
- Greg Ari:"YES! WE CONTROL THE WORLD! YOU BEEN WARNED".