Comments from under the video:
- Karl Simms:"Nothing is more anti-Semitic than Zionism. Zionism divides and conquers! Zionism=racism. Imagine Planet Earth without Zionists... would be the actual real paradise!!"
- Freigeist187:"NAZI = NAtional ZIonist. The Nazis even minted a coin explaining that German/Jewish team up. Google "Ein Nazi fährt nach Palästina" and look for the images of this coin. Zionists and the so called "Nazi Germany" was two sides of the same coin".
- Eugene Petit:"The Zionist Banksters-Jews orchestrated the fu*king thing. The War, the holocaust exaggeration, economic terrorism against Africa & the global south."
- Cheryl Moniz :"And Jews were never to have a state, so what happened is wrong."
- Yaalah:"There was a Jewish population living in Palestine a century ago, but it was tiny--decimated by years of pogroms, emigration, and persecution by the Ottoman rulers. A century ago, increased Jewish immigration spurred riots from the Arabs, culminating with war. This war created both Jewish and Arab refugees. Jewish refugees were integrated by Israel, while Arab refugees were left unintegrated for political purposes. These are the Palestinians in refugee camps throughout the Arab world."
- Mauro Augusto Mexia:"I think Jews and Muslims should just chill out and accept they're brothers. Too much racism from both sides. It's really ugly. The sad thing is that they're all being used by the powers that be; those that survive by dividing and conquering nations... Yeah, you know what I'm talking about... This really deserves an entire series of videos. There is a lot more to history than a few key people. It is important to view things from the perspective of both sides always. "
- arronnov:"It's mythology anyway! Over 90% of the world's population calling themselves Jews are of European decent and origins. The more important point is that the word Jew didn't originate in Africa western Asia Asia or the America's. The word is a European creation."
- arronno:"Most people think it was about a mythical homeland. The homeland was suggested to be in South America and Uganda. These facts are never talked about in dept."
- Sage:"The Origin of the Name Palestine is older than 135 Ad, its refers to the Philistines, In the fifth century BC, the region of eastern coast of the Mediterranean started being called as “the Philistine Syria”, a term coined by the Greek historian, Herodotus and used in its Greek language form. In AD 135, the Emperor Hadrian blotted out the name “Provincia Judea” and renamed it “Provincia Syria Palaestina”. This was the Latin version of the Greek name. Palestine is there before Ibraham went there."
- Tyrant:""We were God's first people" Are you saying you are superior to Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists?From the looks of it, yes you are. You are nothing more than a religion that is slowly dying out just like every other religion since people are coming to their senses and converting to atheism. You are NOT the "chosen" people, you are just like everyone else in this world."
- FutureTechie:"Primarily - the Jews used to have their own state where is Israel is now, but they were conquered and exiled by the Romans. This was back in an era when religion was very closely tied to tribe/peoples/"nationality". Also, ever since then Judaism has stayed hereditary, and didn't try to convert others (unlike Islam and Christianity, which became international). Similar to how Shintoism is a Japanese national & ethnic thing, not just a religion."
- qtpie:"Why did the Jews leave their homeland to begin with? why did they "struggle" to integrate within other nations? all other countries of the earth claim a land to be their own and die defending it, and building it and that is the ultimate victory for a people. Yet for millennium the Jews have been slaves and peasants refusing to claim a nation of their own, when they cry over being persecuted i sadly can not give them my sympathy. you must work to earn a paycheck,playing off sympathy is wrong."
- Hollands Glorie:"You should seriously read his diary. It makes a lot more things clear".
-trader0108:"Theodor Herzl, the father of today's Zionism, died at the age of 44 in 1904 (1860 - 1904), and then it was another “44″ years later after Herzl died that the new country of Israel then came into existence in 1948 (1904 + 44 = 1948). Adolf Hitler was aged 44 in 1933 at the start of the Nazi control of Germany. Herzl was aged 29 when Hitler was born. The man made great US depression began in 1929, that put Hitler in office, made the Jewish Holocaust & Israel."
- trader0108:"The name Theodore Herzl is clearly associated with the term "Jewish Holocaust". Theodore = Theology of the Chosen of God = Jewish <<>> Herzl = Hurts = Holocaust /// Theodore wrote about how Israel would come about due to Jewish Hurts or rather Theodore Herzl.Holocaust."
- perfect1oNN:"Unfortunately it doesn't matter how nice or eloquent he was in his writings, at the end of the day he was writing about the colonization of a land that had people living in it for thousands of years, now that is not nice..."
- thewelshviper:"Herzl was an Anti-Semite and an Atheist. He even tried to make Jews convert to Christianity. His purpose of wanting Jews to live in Palestine was nothing to do with the "Holy Land" of Israel. Herzl was interested in The Dead Sea which has a worth of an estimated 4 to 5 trillion dollars."
- trader0108:"The Jewish Diaspora in 70 AD was a Sabbath rest year and happened exactly six years after the burning of Rome in July 64 AD. The Christian Holocaust by the Romans began a few years after 64 AD. St Paul had just returned to Rome (protected from his near death in Israel by his Roman guards) just a few years before this 64 AD burning of Rome."
- Ulysses Jonah:"People living in the land of Canaan (as your book names it) before Hebrews came to it from Egypt (as your book mentions it) include Canaanites, Jebusites, Philistines from Crete, Anatolian and Lydian Greeks, Amorites, Edomites, Nabataeans, Arameans ... Jerusalem being built by Jebusites, six of those are Semitic people, like Arabs are (yes that's a fact)".
- zvi303:"The beginning seems mixed up. The Hasmonean Jewish kingdom of Judea did indeed comprise much of the Biblical :and of Israel, on both sides of the Jordan. But the Romans had split the kingdom into several provinces, of which Judea was only one, nor was it the only place that the Jews lived. Syria-Palestina was the name given to the whole area, not just to the then-Judea."
- Jacc Trippa:" 1) Hertzl was an atheist
2) Palestine was called Palaistinê in 400 BC by Herotodus, so he is misleading yall with that 135 CE statement
3) Hertzl had The Rothschilds backing, it wasn't just magic that he gained that much steam..look at who signed the Balfour Declaration
4) I'm not sure why he says they weren't going to exclude anyone because they denied the Ethiopian Jews right to return in 76 and to this day are practicing eugenics on the African women".
- CBBMachineGun1988:"At least we follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, whom your people crucified because you shun what is good and love evil. You are indeed of your father, the Devil, just like Jesus Christ said in John 8:44. I believe the truth, which is Jesus Christ. You evil, money-worshiping Jews hate Jesus and want to destroy western civilization through your political invention know as Communism. Know ye the truth, and the truth shall set you free-John 8:32. "
- Acerola211:"Thank you for your informative video as usual, Sal. However, I think that it's inappropriate to leave out the controversy over Rothschilds, Barings, etc. during the period - of course those magnates don't represent the entire Jewish population and the perception that 'Jews secretly control the world~!' is ridiculous, but it's important to understand what anti-Semitism actually was like (e.g. 'Darn those Jews controlling Wall Street and British finances') to prevent it in the future."
- Skaed:"Great first 1 min. I don't want to really believe the rest is Zionist-oriented propaganda but maybe just "surface" info. They even had a whole monopoly of the Nile in Alexandria and also of the food. In old Europe they didn't even had to pay taxes, they had their own lawyers, they lived isolated and didn't even had contact with "gentiles" in fear of "stop being holy", they also have in their beliefs and texts that they believe the economy of all countries belongs to them, for being "the chosen people", and "when taking the bread for the kids, you are not going to waste it in dogs".. yes, dogs, that's the word they used with normal people. They were chilling in Europe like kings, with way more rights than normal European citizens, Europe has several sayings on the Jews, about their idiosyncrasy (thing they even brag about, even about their unnatural desire for money and cheat) and official discrimination against them only first happened in the 13th century. Stop filtering information, and get informed people... don't sound retard."
- arronnov:"Israel is right next to Saudi Arabia Iran and Iraq. Its close enough to Libya. All four these countries produce some of the best oil on the planet. Israel is located at the back door of Europe but more important right next to the Suez Canal. Without the Suez Canal Western Civilization would have to ship everything around Africa."
- Combaticus Maximus:"I wonder what Theodor Herzl would think of modern Israel and the settlements in the West Bank?"
- Roelandvinken:"I love the Jews, in fact i love all peoples in the world."
- Patrick King:"It's not irrelevant, lots of people are critical of Zionism but it must be made clear that you can't simply assume that every Jew is a Zionist and judge them accordingly. In terms of non-Jewish Zionists, they are an interesting and significant category. They largely consist of Evangelical Christians in the USA who wish to see the Jewish people return to Israel in order to bring about the second coming of Christ."
- Bulba2036:"Here I am thinking that I don't know anything about World History from 1890-1920, especially WWI. Less than one week later. Bam! Khan Academy comes out with an entire playlist on just that. grin emoticon"
- Would the Jewish state be in the Middle East today, without Theodor Herzl writing? How much of an impact did his writing do on the Jewish sate decision?
- It had a large impact, but there were Zionist concepts before that. In the middle of the 16th century Joseph Nasi, with the support of the Ottoman Empire, tried to gather the Portuguese Jews, first to Cyprus, then owned by the Republic of Venice and later to Tiberias. This was the only practical attempt to establish some sort of Jewish political center in Palestine between the fourth and 19th centuries. In the 17th century Sabbatai Zebi (1626–1676) announced himself as the Messias and gained over many Jew to his side, forming a base in Salonica. He first tried to establish a settlement in Gaza, but moved later to Smyrna. After deposing the old rabbi Aaron Lapapa even the Jewish community of Avignon prepared to emigrate to the new kingdom in the spring of 1666. The readiness of the Jews of the time to believe the messianic claims of Sabbatai Zevi may be largely explained by the desperate state of European Jewry in the mid-17th century. The bloody pogroms of Bohdan Khmelnytsky had wiped out one third of the Jewish population and destroyed many centers of Jewish learning and communal life. But T. Herzl formed the modern basis for Zionism, so it might not have happened in as large numbers, but the idea was there.
- What exactly is Political Zionism?
- Political Zionism is the belief that Jews need a political state in their rule as a homeland. The country would probably be ruled by Jews and following all of Judaism would be law. I'm not sure if that's right or if Jerusalem is like that today, but that's the best answer I can give you.
- from https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/history/euro-hist/middle-east-20th-century/v/theodor-herzl-and-the-birth-of-political-zionism?v=g8sxNa-E-H0