Various nation states and world powers who have their own financial interests in the region are supporting the armies on the ground. This is because of Syria’s strategic importance as a potential gatekeeper between oil reserves from the gulf and oil markets in Europe. There are two different proposed pipelines that will have to run through Syria in order for this to happen. One sponsored by the gulf states called the “Qatar-Turkey pipeline” and one sponsored by the Iranians and Syrians nicknamed the “Islamic pipeline”.
Since the 1990s, Europe has been increasingly dependent on Russian natural gas and oil. In 2014 it was estimated that 42% of the European Union’s natural gas imports originated from Russia. This dependence has limited Europe’s ability to make a show of force against Russia. Last year the U.S introduced economic sanctions against Russia in retaliation for its 'annexation' of Crimea, which in reality was a Crimean people referendum's decision. See this: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/official-results-97-of-crimea-voters-back-joining-russia/
When the US asked the EU to participate, there was a heated debate amongst the European nations about how exactly to impose sanctions. Eastern Europeans felt especially threatened by Russia’s actions and wanted to enact the harshest penalties possible, however, Western Europeans were well aware that cutting off economic trade with Russia would destabilize their economies.
As a result the European Union (EU) has desperately been looking for other sources of natural gas. The “pipeline” which will carry natural gas from Azerbaijan into Europe will help to offset dependence on Russian gas, but will take years to reach full capacity and will not rid Europe of Russian dependence altogether. On top of which European demand for natural gas is expected to rise dramatically in the next 30 years. There is only one known source of gas that can solve Europe’s long term energy needs and that’s source resides in the Middle East underneath the Persian Gulf.
- seeingatruth:"It's all about oil, Petro dollars, corrupt businesses ruling the world."
- Seadream:"Very well explained. I hope people understand who are the real terrorists or terrorist supporters."
- jamespaul02:"I saw a bumper sticker...."What are those Arabs doing living on top of OUR oil". I guess that's the way BP see's it."
- XYZengin:"America wants to ban Europe to buy oil and gas from Russia. In return pipe from Saudi Arabia through Syria. Assad for Russia. USA against Assad. "
- Kevin Harkins:"What you see in Syria today is the way the whole world is going due to one specific fact, USA has lost its honor as a nation of goodwill, sad times indeed."
- XYZengin:"Yankees go home! "
- Richard Llewellyn:"The corporations involved need to be destroyed, their CEOs and the politicians involved jailed for war crimes. "
- 856XerXes:"I think they are gonna turn Syria into an Iranian satellite state with aid from Russia. Then Saudi and Israel will be contained by the Chinese... The end of U.S. Petrodollar... checkmate. "
- sirin hamza:"ISIS is created by the west to be sustained as long as their agenda still not complete thus removing Bashar Alasad & his regime because he refused to let the Natural Gas from Qatar through to Europe so they can set free the dependency from Russia as the main source of their supplies that Putin use it as a leverage to make geopolitical pressure on Europe. Natural Gas is now the new war reason same as Oil before and ISIS is just another pretext as Al-Qaeda before to rationalize in front of the world opinion to invade Afghanistan so they can take over Caspian sea which is rich of Oil/opium that CIA is selling in billions and to strategically put a military base in face of Russia. The Cold War never ended, some experts said Third World War already begun."
- Francisco Santana:"I've only recently started diving into politics and holy shit i never realized how crazy stuff really was."
- MWcrazyhorse:"The mainstream media is a large part of the establishment. They will do everything in their power to stop a peoples candidate and get an establishment candidate elected. If you are interested in politics keep the TV. turned off at all costs. Otherwise in the best case scenario you will get annoyed, angry and waste time. The worst case scenario you will be misinformed and everything you believe in is a lie."
- horsefaceemily:"America working against Its people with Jewish bankers who run It, against any one who won't comply to there NWO Jew world order. "
- mantonio121773:"When they make the propaganda videos for CNN and Faux, they are smart to use regional editing and writers to make it seem more likely to us. They screw up when they fall back into their negative stero-types about our intelligence and underestimate our ability to spot a fake.
Their perception is that we subscribe to Hollywood's perceptions and that's the perspective they reference when sensationalizing. That said - non-indegenous fighting force, moving across hostile open desert without the need for supply line protection, happening by chance on abandoned, NATO equipment that they mysteriously know how to use, including Abrams tanks, is laughable at best.
To then claim the ability to hold "conventional objectives" as a conventional military is also very laughable if you have even the slightest hint as to the true capabilities of our military. Nobody can do that with even a state sponsored or national conventional military nor would they even chance it against the US.
It would a major tactical blunder and would come to a horrible end in one afternoon. And we say they are selling oil to fund themselves. Yea - lol!!! To who??? Just open the tap and fill up a barrel - some sketchy private investor is sitting there with cash to take it away. As a student of military history and tactics, I knew this was a load of hog wash since the first day it appeared on TV. Finding out the back story, like the one above, was just confirmation I knew would be there."
- Bill Sandersil:"Why does the UK and US want to attack Russia? Why not just trade peacefully with them and mind your own business? "
- mmerteal:"Because the US has a huge amount of debt and needs a war so they can blame their problems on someone else."
- Bill Sanders:"Not persuasive. A war harms everyone. Except perhaps the Elites, who are kept safe and will be all powerful once all their enemies are destroyed."
- Bantze Hotep:"+Bill Sanders Because they also covet Russia's vast natural resources. Putin once said they want remove the bear's claws (meaning Russian's nuclear deterrent), stuff it and take over its taiga forests with minerals underneath -- (Siberia). They nearly achieved under Yeltsin until the Putin gang seized power."
- Remko Burger:"+Bill Sanders http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Business-Booms-for-Weapons-Contractors-in-Wake-of-Paris-Attacks-20151117-0040.html War is business. Terrorism is its selling point."
- Xian:"They don't want to but they don't want Russia to have any kind of advantage or upper hand over NATO and/or the EU, if they can help it. economics, politics, military, culture: the US and the NATO/EU minions demand to be dominant in all those things (especially the US as you can tell from their unparalleled military budget and number of permanent foreign bases). and keep in mind the cold war created a deep distrust of Russia which still exists today everywhere, in the government, news media, Hollywood, etc. it may take 100 years of good relations for that to be forgotten."
- embran:"The war over pipeline in Syria is not needed. Two questions please: 1) Why can't you build that gas pipeline from Qatar via Saudi, Iraq to Turkey and then to Europe? 2) Why can't you build that gas pipeline from Qatar via Saudi, Lebanon, Israel and then underwater to Greece or Turkey?"
- Dinesh Mohan:"Iraq to Turkey borders has rigid mountains can't establish pipelines.....Syria is a plain soft ground."
- Peter Stoup:"Russia is today building a permanent naval base in Syria to go along with the permanent airbase already there. WW3 is about energy and who controls it. Some really sick shit on all sides".
-navylaks2:"This is not Europe's war against Russia, it's The United States of Americas war on Russia because Russia does not support the petrodollar the only lifeline that the U.S.A. have. Break the petrodollar and you break he entire american economy! Many Europeans would much rather buy oil and gas from Russia than the stupid Wahhabi states in the middle east or from Iran. But Europe doesn't need natural gas we've got plenty of it ourselves plus we've got loads of renewables, Biogas and geothermal energy. Total energy dominance is the only thing that will keep America from falling to the ground. It's the most debted and unproductive nation in the whole world. Just like Britain without an external war it would simply fall apart. That's why they're after Tibet as well it's not about democracy it's about the Himalayan resources."
- G Mac:"+navylaks2 This makes sense as I have learned of China and Russia beginning their own versions to the World Bank which is run out of the U.S. The only reason why the U.S. can get away with printing more money and not deal with inequality is because of the U.S. dollar acting as the world currency. Everyone else gets the pain while America continues with greed and irresponsibility."
- Liis L:"So the west want Isis to control oil fields because otherwise the oil fields would be benefiting Russia?"
- D. L. Hemmingway:"This whole thing looks like people in places of power are orchestrating to enflame the world in World War Three. This is similar to the US policies that tried to hamstring the Japanese in their war in China in the 1930s. We cut off our oil and scrap iron and Japan initiated the Pacific War of World War Two to claim new sources of resources."
- DarkBioCloud:"The Russian bear has the hooks in it's jaws. I almost feel bad for the Russians but I feel far worst for the world there is going to be a lot of people that are going to lose their loved ones over what is happening in Syria."
- G Mac:"So why is the west going against Russia in the first place? Why do they need to be against Russia at all? It was the US through NATO who provoked Russia first BEFORE Russia made any moves in Ukraine. The U.S. started all this aggression, not Russia. My question is why. Why is the US provoking Russia? Why doesn't Europe just work with Russia and trade peacefully with Russia for gas? What is the United States up to? I would also like your thoughts on the new banks being started by Russia and China as alternatives to our current World bank run out of the U.S.. "
- jeet seo:"USA (under skirt area) is playing this notorious game of weakening middle east for more 5 decade's, since petrodollar came to existences."
- Exhale Chemtrail:"The bankers are unleashing chaos , collapsing borders and causing heaps of other problems to shift focus in a thousand directions. They do this every decade so they can get away with all their crimes! They stole 1/4 of the world these last few years and they aim to keep it!!!"
- Free Syrian:"Bull shit, this is NOT a "civil" war. Have you seen Syrian civilians attacking the one another ? It's a war on Syrian people because they only asked freedom and democracy .. nobody wants this especially Zionists (Israel and allies) all the world governments want to keep the dictator, lot of them want to keep Daesh (ISIS or ISIL) too. Nobody want to support Syrian people, only blabla .. Your pipelines could pass through Iraq if this is the truth. Israel discovered gas in the Mediterranean so they want to exclude Syrians and Lebanese from these resources and keep them divided and under oppression."
- abra7777:"+DAHBOO777 You may want to look into oil as a renewable resource. Apparently, it can be made in minutes in a lab by putting any biological matter under extreme pressure. Consider the implications of this. It means that they are using oil as an excuse to invade countries and are also monopolizing on it and jacking up the price by creating the illusion of scarcity. Besides the fact that we can get energy from clean sources now, like electromagnetic generators and solar panels, scientists are also saying that the emissions from oil are not bad for the environment, since they are CO2 and plants need CO2 to live."