Everyone knows that the U.S. and its allies have heavily backed Islamic terrorists in Syria in an attempt to implement regime change in that country.
But did you know that the U.S. previously carried out regime change in Syria?
The CIA backed a right-wing coup in Syria in 1949. Douglas Little, Professor, Department of Clark University History professor Douglas Little notes:
As early as 1949, this newly independent Arab republic was an important staging ground for the CIA’s earliest experiments in covert action.
The CIA secretly encouraged a right-wing military coup in 1949.
The reason the U.S. initiated the coup? Little explains:
In late 1945, the Arabian American Oil Company (ARAMCO) announced plans to construct the Trans-Arabian Pipe Line (TAPLINE) from Saudi Arabia to the Mediterra- nean. With U.S. help, ARAMCO secured rights-of-way from Lebanon, Jordan and Saudi Arabia. The Syrian right-of-way was stalled in parliament.
In other words, Syria was the sole holdout for the lucrative oil pipeline.
(Indeed, the CIA has carried out this type of covert action right from the start.)
In 1957, the American president and British prime minister agreed to launch regime change again in Syria. Historian Little notes that the coup plot was discovered and stopped:
Syrian counterintelligence chief Sarraj reacted swiftly on August 12, expelling Stone and other CIA agents, arresting their accomplices and placing the U.S. embassy under surveillance.
More importantly, Syria also had control of one of the main oil arteries of the Middle East, the pipeline which connected pro-western Iraq’s oilfields to Turkey.
The report said that once the necessary degree of fear had been created, frontier incidents and border clashes would be staged to provide a pretext for Iraqi and Jordanian military intervention. Syria had to be “made to appear as the sponsor of plots, sabotage and violence directed against neighboring governments,” the report says. “CIA and SIS should use their capabilities in both the psychological and action fields to augment tension.”
The plan called for funding of a “Free Syria Committee” [hmmm … sounds vaguely familiar], and the arming of “political factions with paramilitary or other actionist capabilities” within Syria. The CIA and MI6 would instigate internal uprisings, for instance by the Druze [a Shia Muslim sect] in the south, help to free political prisoners held in the Mezze prison, and stir up the Muslim Brotherhood in Damascus.
Neoconservatives planned regime change in Syria once again in 1991.
And as Nafeez Ahmed notes:
According to former French foreign minister Roland Dumas, Britain had planned covert action in Syria as early as 2009: “I was in England two years before the violence in Syria on other business,” he told French television: “I met with top British officials, who confessed to me that they were preparing something in Syria. This was in Britain not in America. Britain was preparing gunmen to invade Syria.”
Leaked emails from the private intelligence firm Stratfor, including notes from a meeting with Pentagon officials, confirmed that as of 2011, US and UK special forces training of Syrian opposition forces was well underway. The goal was to elicit the “collapse” of Assad’s regime “from within.”
IraqEveryone knows that the U.S. toppled Saddam Hussein during the Iraq War.
But did you know that the U.S. previously carried out regime change in Iraq?
Specifically, the CIA plotted to poison the Iraqi leader in 1960. In 1963, the U.S. backed the coup which succeeded in killing the head of Iraq. Recently, Iraq has started to break apart as a nation. USA Today notes, “Iraq is already splitting into three states“. Many say that is by design … a form of regime change.
Everyone knows that regime change in Iran has been a long-term goal of the hawks in Washington.
But do you know that the U.S. already carried out regime change in Iran in 1953 … which led to radicalization of the country in the first place?
Specifically, the CIA admits that the U.S. overthrew the moderate, suit-and-tie-wearing, Democratically-elected prime minister of Iran in 1953. (He was overthrown because he had nationalized Iran’s oil, which had previously been controlled by BP and other Western oil companies). As part of that action, the CIA admits that it hired Iranians to pose as Communists and stage bombings in Iran in order to turn the country against its prime minister.
If the U.S. hadn’t overthrown the moderate Iranian government, the fundamentalist Mullahs would have never taken over. Iran has been known for thousands of years for tolerating Christians and other religious minorities. Hawks in the U.S. government been pushing for another round of regime change in Iran for decades.
The CIA has acknowledged that it was behind the 1980 coup in Turkey.
The U.S. obviously bombed the Taliban into submission during the Afghanistan war. But Hillary Clinton and then-president Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser have both admitted on the record that the U.S. previously carried out regime change in Afghanistan in the 1970s by backing Bin Laden and the Mujahadin … the precursor to Al Qaeda.
Not only did the U.S. engage in direct military intervention against Gadafi, but also – as confirmed by a group of CIA officers – armed Al Qaeda so that they would help topple Gaddafi. Indeed, the U.S. has carried out coups and destabilization campaigns all over the world … creating chaos.
And see this.
The US was staging the 1949 Syria coup in 1948:
"Recently declassified records… confirm that beginning on November 30, 1948, [CIA operative Stephen] Meade met secretly with Colonel Zaim at least six times to discuss the “possibility [of an] army supported dictatorship.” [“Cold War and Covert Action: The United States and Syria, 1945-1958,” Middle East Journal, Winter 1990, p. 55]
From the COMMENTS section below the article:
- Farzaneh Joshaghani:"Hordes of desperate immigrants flea to western countries not because the grass is greener there but because their country was torn into a battlefield. Americans and Europeans deserve all the immigrants they get."
- Guest :"Remember Reagan who was pressured into signing the immigration bill of 86' that led to massive immigration into the US. Clinton was tricked into changing the financial laws that led to great recession which was planned down to every detail by the "Austrian economists."
- ICFubar:"Yes, the U.S. as proxy for western elite interests found that the cost benefits were much greater when using covert or financial means to over throw a government which was standing in the way of those interests being accomplished. This over the old British imperial method which all too quickly resorted to "gun boat diplomacy" if the recalcitrant ruler was being too obstinate. This is usually the last position for action taken by the western imperium today, but which seems to be on the rise with some weakening of the financial weaponry, being the IMF/World Bank tag team."
- MCB:"We also went through a regime change here domestically sometime during the end of Eisenhower's Presidency as a shadow government government comprised of The Fed, Wall Street and The MIC took over and started calling the shots by pulling the strings of high level bureaucrats and politicians. It also seems that we went past another point of no return when John Roberts was appointed Chief Justice, since all he's done is continue to undermine The Constitution from arguably the most scared position in our tripartite government". - comments from http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/09/u-s-already-completed-regime-change-syria-iran-iraq-twice-oil-rich-countries.html
MOLON LABE :"40th anniversary of the fascist coup in Chile—Made in the USA
This is strangely famous date 9/11/1973 starting from "911"... Somebody likes to stage serious world events on 911. It seems Illuminati are playing big role in such events.
- Miguel Ferreira:"Chicago boys... Chicago bastards."
- TheWashington76:"This is also the date G.H.W. Bush gave his New World Order Speech as well. Odd?
Or is it. He was top of the CIA at the time. A Planned Coup of the 'CIA' of the Republic!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRglyKHc7yc