"The Naked Capitalist is intended to expose a massive, top-secret, Capitalist super-conspiracy. Communism and socialism, we are told, are merely some of the fruit of this Gigantic International Monolithic Network of Total Global Power. Skousen now believes that it is the Capitalists who have been secretly "running the world" for many years, forming "a conspiratorial control center higher and stronger than either Moscow or Peiping."
The Naked Capitalist is intended to strip bare this "Global Establishment" which secretly plans, plots, and conspires to rule the world. Now you have perhaps always thought that the hard-working, money-making Capitalists were the Good Guys in Skousen's demonology. Nothing could be further from the truth. He believes that "globalism," "internationalism," "one-worldism," and ruthless centralized dictatorship are what the Capitalist demons have in mind. They only use communism to achieve these goals.
Dr. Skousen reviews the book "Tragedy and Hope" by Carroll Quigley. It reveals how some of the richest people in the world have supported communism and socialism. Why would they support what appears to be the pathway to their own destruction? Dr. Quigley has been associated with many of these dynastic families of the super-rich. Dr. Skousen therefore writes as an authority on the world's secret power structure. His answers to the above question will astonish you.
Dr. Bella Dodd, a former member of the national committee of the U.S. Communist Party, told Skousen that she first became aware of some super-leadership right after World War II, when the U.S. Communist Party had difficulty in getting instructions from Moscow on several vital matters requiring immediate attention.
The American Communist hierarchy was told that any time they had an emergency of this kind they should contact any one of three designated persons at the Waldorf Towers. Dr. Dodd noted that whenever the Party obtained instructions from any of these three men, Moscow always ratified them. What puzzled Dr. Dodd was the fact that not one of these contacts was a Russian or a Communist. In fact, all three were extremely wealthy capitalists! Dr. Dodd said, "I would certainly like to find out who is really running things.
I think the Communist Conspiracy is merely a branch of a much bigger conspiracy!"
The portions gleaned by Professor Skousen from Dr. Quigley's book relate to the secret powers operating behind the scenes to destroy our constitutional republic and our traditional freedom and to establish a one-world, socialist government. Dr. Quigley speaks as an insider of some twenty years standing. He approves wholeheartedly of the secret machinations of those who would destroy our nation and place the world under a socialist dictatorship.
He sneers at those American patriots who are fighting Communism, stating that they have missed the right target — the secret group of insiders who would rule the world. He feels that it would be tragedy for the free enterprise, constitutional Americans to win. On the contrary he believes that our real hope lies in the victory of the secret operators. Hence the title of his book, Tragedy and Hope.
Dr. Quigley, however, believes that the real battle is finished and that his side has won. In effect, he believes that it is all over but the shouting and that it is now next to impossible to reverse the process. He traces the secret movement over the years, naming names and places. Some of the names will come as a shock to many Americans. The secret moves will shock them further. Professor Skousen does an outstanding job of bringing together and crystallizing the important facts of Dr. Quigley's book.
The Naked Capitalist is a difficult book to put down. Skousen's commentary is enlightening. The complete index and sub-index make it easy to trace the activities of men and organizations. The Naked Capitalist will answer many questions concerning the strange things that have been going on in the world and in this country for many years. Those who do not have the patience to tackle Dr. Quigley's 1300 page book directly should by all means read Professor Skousen's 144 page commentary. This book is a must for those interested in what is taking place behind the scenes.
The "global planners" who are at the center of the Capitalist conspiracy are identified by Skousen as the "leaders of the world's secret center of international banking," the "super-rich," the "super capitalists." The "leaders of London and Wall Street" are chiefs of "the Anglo-American secret society" who are behind communism and everything else.
Skousen puts bankers at the top of the list of conspirators: the Rothschilds, Barings, Lazards, Paul Warburg, J. P. Morgan. But also included are the following: John Foster and Alan Dulles, the Rockefellers, Cecil Rhodes, Arnold Toynbee, Walter Lippman, Albert Einstein, George F. Kennan, Douglas Dillon, Dean Acheson, Henry Kissinger, Henry Cabot Lodge, Arthur Burns, George Ball, Ellsworth Bunker, Paul Hoffman, McGeorge Bundy, the Kennedy family, Dwight Eisenhower, John Dewey, and many others. By any standards, this is quite a list.
The Capitalists, he now tells us, are "the world's secret power structure" and they merely form, use and manipulate communism and socialism and many other things for their own evil purposes. He knows that this thesis is not likely to be believed. "If I had said it, people may have found it too fantastic to believe," Skousen wrote in a letter that accompanied copies of the book that he gave to B.Y.U. faculty members.
He claims, however, that he has actually discovered "someone on the inside [of the supposed Capitalist conspiracy] who is willing to tell the story." "I have," he writes, "waited thirty years for someone on the inside of the modern political power structure to talk. At last somebody has." Skousen is referring to Carroll Quigley, a professor of history at Georgetown University. Roughly forty full pages of The Naked Capitalist consist of direct quotations from Quigley's Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Time."
Read more on the the link http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/Round%20Table%20Review.pdf (ROUND TABLE REVIEW, THE NAKED CAPITALIST)
- "What is going on in the world? Take a look at this book, which is an important review of the 1966 1,348-page book by Dr. Carroll Quigley - TRAGEDY AND HOPE - A HISTORY OF THE WORLD IN OUR TIME. In Quigley's book the secretive "Round Table" combinations are revealed including the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) in America. Dr. Skousen tied that to the International Communist conspiracy for world domination as well. It's important to read Dr. Skousen's other book, The Naked Communist, first. There really are people in this world (and country) who have agendas to take away freedoms, all for the sake of money and power." - Bliss Tew
- "I think the communist conspiracy is merely a branch of a much bigger conspiracy!" Dr. Bella Dodd, former member of the National Committee of the U.S. Communist Party to Cleon Skousen." - Rick.
- "Serious food for thought. Enlightening! I knew much of this was going on in some way or other, but to have Skousen point out the corruption in politics is eye-opening. Funny thing is, this book was written in 1970. This is a must read for every American."- goddess
- "Excellent book that goes along well with the powerfully informative DVD "The Money Masters" in exposing the roots of the Anglo-American Establishment, or as I like to think of it, The Whore, written of in the book of Revelation, that rides the Beast (Communism, Fascism, etc.) Time for people to wake up and smell the coffee." - Bryson
- "It was written in 1970 and I think 40 years later many of the off the wall accusations Skosen is making have come and are coming true. The main focus of the book is high powered groups of people attempting to and in many cases succeeding in implementing their political and financial goals. It also has what I think is a 100% accurate assessment of the banking institutions and the Federal Reserve."- Diane Breinholt
- "In my opinion, this is one the best books I've read detailing modern US History as it is a review of Dr. Carroll Quigley's book "Tragedy and Hope." Tragedy and Hope is an insider's look at conspiratorial history and the march toward New World Order, or globalization of government and economy." - Amy
- "This is a great expose of the major banking family dynasties and a solid historical take on the rise of corrupted, money-power-grubbing central banks like the Federal Reserve. There's some scary shit in here, even though Skousen's obsession with the communist conspiracy borders on paranoia. Written in 1970, Skousen's review of Quigley's Tragedy and Hope rings true today... rise of the master-planning Global Establishment, shrinking middle class, propaganda, deception, one-world government etc... just one more reason not to pay taxes" - Jason.
- I think Skousen said it best..."the great contribution which Dr. Carroll Quigley unintentionally made by writing "Tragedy And Hope" [and Skousen intentionally pointed out in "The Naked Capitalist":]was to help the ordinary American realize the utter contempt which the network leaders have for ordinary people. Human beings are treated en masse as helpless puppets on an international chess board where giants of economic and political power subject them to wars, revolution, civil strife, confiscation, subversion, indoctrination, manipulation and outright deception as it suits their fancy and their concocted schemes for world domination." - Zinger
- "I got in with some very conservative friends in an effort to support Joe Ferguson's bid for US House of Representatives. We went to one of Cleon Skousen's talks about the US Constitution. He recommended this book. I read it and was scared. This book claims a lot of things communists do are also directly done by rich capitalists. It allies the two. Again, what we can do about it is a mystery as they seem so powerful and unstoppable." - Dad
- "It's interesting to note that Pres. Bill Clinton believed in Dr. Carroll Quigley and his beliefs written in his book, "Tragedy of Hope". Clinton made this comment in a campaign speech during his first run for office and led me to read this book. (Also interesting to note...Barack Obama's book was called "Audacity of Hope".)" - Lori
- "This book is a review of Tragedy and Hope by Dr. Carroll Quigley (a man). Dr. Quigley claims to be a member of this vast organization of intelligentsia (see Shadows of Power) that are 'born to rule'. They have a plan to make the world a better place. It involves the unification of world governments, the massive re-distribution of wealth, and the elimination of most of the free will in the world. It re-enforces in my mind that the men who commit the most wicked acts all have an ideology that justifies their behavior - even if they are unaware of their folly. Just as in the council in Heaven, any plot of overthrow the agency of man is a plot hatched by Lucifer and is not sanctioned by God. The real key to world peace and happiness is willful obedience to the commandments of God." - Travis
- "Good summary of Tragedy and Hope. Has some spin, but still believe he was on the mark when you see how recent history has progressed... it will scare the daylights out of you. Current and relevant today" - Jim
- "Can be a difficult topic. Very intelligently written. Provokes a lot of thought." Rubecca Martinez-dalton
- "An abridged version of the Carroll Quigley book, Tragedy and Hope. If you think Joe McCarthy was too soft, the Trilateral Commission guides world history and live on a militia compound in the Idaho panhandle, this book is for you."- Esteban del Mal
Excerpts from the book "The Naked Capitalist" a review and commentary on Carroll Quigley's book
"Tragedy and Hope" by W. Cleon Skousen, Buccaneer Books, 1970, hardcover http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/New_World_Order/Naked_Capitalist.html
Also read an article "Naked Communist Conspiracy (NWO) Is Unfolding Against USA" on the link
VIDEO Review "The Naked Capitalist" By W Cleon Skousen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rpgPyW65nc
VIDEO W Cleon Skousen Highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAxR8lABOhw
Highlights from several videos of W. Cleon Skousen from 1982 to 2003. Cleon Skousen was an honorable person and completely brilliant.
- NOSERPICOINUTAH:"Take a good look at America today and with a straight face tell me it was not conspired.... tell me that CAIN didn't conspire to kill ABEL..... TELL ME THAT PRES. J.F.K. WAS MURDERED BY A MAGIC BULLET....OR WOULD YOU BE A LIAR? HITLER SAID THE BIGGER THE LIE.... THE MORE PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE...... LIARS AND LOVERS OF LIES WILL BURN FOREVER IN HELL UNLESS THEY REPENT....."