I advise extreme caution before viewing these photos.
For my Donbass event in London, I compiled my ‘20 best‘ photos for auction. Here, my 20 ‘worst’ photos. 20 of the most terrible things I photographed in my time reporting in Donbass.
Lugansk, August 24th, 2014. Natasha struggles to come to terms with her own serious injuries, from Ukrainian shelling as they queued for humanitarian aid. She also struggles with how she will tell her daughter Marina, 7, also hit, that she won’t be able to dance after having her leg blown off.
She never had to tell Marina that, doctors couldn’t save her, Natasha’s daughter died the next morning.
This man’s face, frozen in a scream.
Comments from the original source (below the article):
Vaska April 11, 2015 at 4:08 pm
This was hard to watch. Thank you for bearing witness in Donbass. Take care of yourself.
Aline April 11, 2015 at 5:27 pm
Dear Graham, very thanks for you truth about the horrors in Ukraine … We are all in shock of how American policy, the EU and some countries tacitly support things happening fascism and genocide of the population. How can they be so callous and heartless? !! How is it possible to be hypocritical and corrupt? !! I do not understand, I can not understand, do not want to … Take care of yourself, please!
Lionel belelc April 12, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Our full thanks to Nuland, Biden, Soros and all the famous makers of these kinds of events !! THANKS FOLKS !! YOU ARE GREAT !! THIS IS USA !
Тигги April 12, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Dear Lionel, I had wrote before that I saw just one way to protect lives in each country from a destiny to be killed by American scenario of taking power through revolutions again – is just to close down all American Embassies and ask them to leave and to return back to their own country, as their staff used the hospitality of locals for a making the change of a political power including revolution with plenty killed humans and later USA support murders ordered to kill others, to bomb houses, schools, hospitals, buses.
Ukraine provided a hospitality for American Embassy – Obama said this, that this change of a political power in Ukraine without a vote by a force and via a throwing Molotov cocktails, stones and fire to a local policemen was been organized and supported by American Diplomats from American Embassy in Kiev, Ukraine.
As a result – plenty killed local people in Ukraine, who lived here before in a peace, a loss of their properties, lives, some run as refugees to Russia or other places.
Each killed human in Ukraine, from 2 sides of this conflict – as a result of work of American Embassy in Kiev, Ukraine to change a political power here. They disliked what was here before as a result of vote.
If Ukraine would closed American Embassy immediately in Ukraine to stop to do their support work for a change of a political power in Ukraine – so, they would have not what they have.
If American Embassy worked on scenarios of changing political power in countries where they disliked the vote of locals — to save lives of locals just ask USA to return their American Embassy back to USA.
The same was in Russia. Nobody able to know and to control these meetings with political opposition and their leaders, what was discussed here, what was taken inside in bags and outside too.
Americans understand their diplomacy as their work to change the political power in each country for their own goal and not just for a collection of the information and for a making a diplomacy work to smooth conflicts.
Ukraine did not closed American Embassy in a time – so now American staff settled down with a comfort in Ukraine, including their special and military staff – which is the invasion of Ukraine and still plenty of dead people here from both sides – as they do not need to be alive for USA and their goals.
USA liked to put their American base here in Ukraine so they do not trust locals at all, and so the idea to reduce the number of all locals in Ukraine might be sounded as a wonderful for American mind to resolve problems.
I mean – a war. 3rd World War here.
Ukraine was independent country with plenty of political parties and opinions, with a vote of all political parties, with a freedom of speech.
But USA disliked the result of their vote as not suitable and right result for them.
The making of 2 side conflict has closed locals from The East Ukraine from the official vote system to make more easy and right decision for American goals though Rada as The East Ukrainian Deputy are not presented in Rada and there is not a freedom of speech in Rada too, and not a freedom for political parties and opinions too.
I would advise to ask all locals to go under British Monarchy as British Colony.
This way would closed down the American words “Pro-Russians”.
Great Britain and British people are alias of USA, who use the some English language as Americans in USA.
So, the decision to go under British protection as a British Colony would close down the obligation to be “Pro-Russians” which are common in American news and from Obama as their main decision of support of killing “pro-Russians” here in Ukraine.
But as plenty of people were being killed here with the full support of Cameron and Great Britain and plenty of British people from UK too, I do not look at this way already as to a right way and a right decision.
Locals may ask themselves
1. what is a high priority for them here? to save lives? or to save properties?
2. the way to save properties here – the way to find plenty of local people here dead, killed, and their property damaged and a possibility to be for their relatives, and themselves to be killed as it was and is a war here, a war zone.
What they can do?
1. to run as refugees (to Russia or somewhere) – the way of saving lives.
2. to ask Russia and Putin to help – but it seems there is no interest to do this.
3. to take Ukrainian political power – but this way to be killed or tortured and a loss of jobs for plenty of locals though Ukrainian lustration program to close a work for people by their political opinions and though people whom had a power here and as some still Americans and use their rules.
4. to try to go under British Monarchy as British Colony with a vote after 50 yeas and each 10 years after that to stay or to leave UK. This way may save properties, lives and to build a more good economy under British Managers. The loss here will be the obligation to know English language instead of Ukrainian and Russian as the first for the work and a job. But this way may save lives and property and to stop this war and bombing The East Ukraine.
So… any way – Ukraine as West Ukraine is under American protection and so locals will need to learn to know English language.
The East Ukraine – under Ukraine - the obligation to lean English language or under British protection as British Colony – the need to lean English
It seems that local people, Ukrainian and Russian, just fed up from their own native languages a lot, and they fight each another from both side for their right to learn and to talk only in English language.
I am not able to understand this… as really strong feeling to talk just in English language and so to kill all whom not used this language as their native.
And after all…. Obama and Americans named these people as Pro-Russians? with a strong wish to kill them all here any way?
I was here as a British tourist in 2010. Plenty of locals liked to learn English language on top of their own native Russian language – this did not save their lives and their properties, as a fact.
Ukraine is under American and Obama occupation. American flag is on the SBU building in Kiev. All events here are controlled by their money, advisers, people.
Obama said publicly that American Embassy in Kiev helped to do the change of a political power in Ukraine, by their adviisers, money, the help of their people and their military people too. What would you expect to find after that? as only plenty of deaths in Ukraine as it was everywhere when USA came “to support the change of a political power”?
I read about Iraq. American military used a phosphor bombs for a town in Iraq. American military used a dirty radiation and chemistry bombing in Iraq, .. sold to Israel.
So, as USA and Americans came to Ukraine as their base of interests here – what did you expect to have there?
Ukraine may be just a base of training for USA – here American people may look into their future in USA as they may be the next after Ukraine because of their politics."
- DrH5N1:"Brothers fighting brothers for rich warmongering Capitalist Vampires. The Rothschild financing both side of every war since 1760." 86 Likes
- Shawn Lewi:"Stalingrad all over again, just with no Germans."
- Pero Peri:"Proxy war. Will last forever."
- AnonHeX:"It's actually a war between the US and Russia, Ukraine is just a tool in this big war game. The US in the name of NATO and the EU wants Ukraine to join them so they can come closer to Russian borders. (I hope I don't need to explain why they want that). If Russia wanted to take Ukraine, it would have done it loooong time ago, like it does in Syria right now with the aircraft bombing. So in other words this war covering by the West is hybrid/informational warfare. It's very easy to blame Putin for all your problems. I don't know how to explain this to you that the US and NATO wants you to be their puppet, so they can use you like condom against your brothers, Russia. Most people see no difference between Ukrainians and Russians, including myself. Ukraine became even more corrupt after the illegal junta came into power but sure, let's still blame Putin for that!"
- Jane Do:"It's not a war, it's genocide. Ukraine is killing it's own people and telling the world they are attacking only separatists. Who are the separatists? Just normal civilians who want the current US backed government out of there! They aren't looking for specific targets like they claim, they are killing everyone simply because they live there!"
- Andy480:"The USA broke the treaty where it stated that former Warsaw pact countries are not allowed to join the NATO. And also Russia is threatened by the nuclear weapons the Americans placed all over Europe and the military presence along the border. And btw if you're talking about democracy the one country with true democracy is Switzerland, because in Russia it works like this: People elect president, President selects Ministers (for the Duma), President is the boss. And now 'Murica': people select representers of their state (Senators), representers elect who becomes president, President is the boss."
- JerronHonda:"Americans came from all over the world almost.The most beautiful things is that the most that gone therefrom Europe were criminals. America is since like 1800 and its the dirtiest HOLE and most evil nation ever lived in this world.The scariest thing is that they so damb love their country, their country that kill them, that CIA is the boss, a nation that keeps them all the time uninformed and busy with any shit material goods a producer can produce. Your country's propaganda against their illusionary enemies is very big. Unfortunately Russia don't have Holywood, Beverli Hills and that love for Reputation, Red carpets and Fame lights but Russian People indeed they are moral but Brutal. U got multiculturalism (with all its problems) and you got any crazy shit a human being wanna do or wanna be... everyone wants to be in america in some way... active dirty nation indeed".