New drone footage reveals the Syrian city of Kobani in ruins after years of heavy fighting. See this video on the link: http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2015/05/06/lklv-paton-walsh-syria-drone-damage.cnn
- FgtTunning:"I am a Muslim and I tell all of Isis is American dogs. Russia is the best country there is. Go Russia, kill all of those pigs, that allow American and Jewish money to fund them to kill innocent people !"
- John Baharoff Sr.:"Choppers use smoke bombs to mark the spots where the action is. The bombers flying fast for the bombing run don't see well, so they drop their payloads where the smoke is. The Muslims below having fun while dying, they all think they'll be Heaven after death, the only life they know. Allah is great, lets die, Allah is great lets kill, Allah is great lets suicide, Allah is great kill your relatives, Allah is great kill Assad. Allah is great, Jews and Turks started the war, Allah is great America started the war."
- alexnickolaev:"They are old US allies. They also were supporting mujaheddin in Afghanistan 30 years ago."
- nYourFace:"Thank you Russia, from the West, for doing what our own leaders are incapable of doing. Instead they make these terrorists, Islamic jihadists, their friends in corruption, sowing death and destruction. The tide is turning. Our western leaders will understand the depth of the evil of their crimes soon. Russia has successfully stopped Obama from turning Syria and Iraq into another Afghanistan, like Obama achieved for Libya, for the cause of Allah, the pagan god of the black cube and stone in Arabia." 30 Likes
- Oleg Lizunkov:"Brothers Slavs and all who sympathize with us! Rise up to the battle! How are these bitches going to drink our blood? To mock our fellow believers? Get up, stop sleeping! Thousand years they were beaten and once again it's time again to take up arms and defend not only Russia, but also all peoples who hope waiting for our help!" 19 Likes
- Алексей Сидорук+Oleg Lizunkov:"Mы всех спасаем, а они нас потом прeдают... как Грузия, Украина и т.д. Все, хватит, Россия будет отстаивать только свои интересы!"
- Oleg Lizunkov+Алексей Сидорук:"Алексей, в современном мире лучше тратить миллион два долларов в день и воевать на дальних рубежах, чем сидеть в изоляции и получить потом войну на своей территории. K примеру, на Кавказе, бомбить свои города, выкуривая бандитов из подвалов? Никто не говорит о том, что Россия должна всех спасти и прокормить."
- Алексей Сидорук+Oleg Lizunkov:"я это и имел ввиду! Мы защищаем свои интересы сегодня, я в этом с тобой согласен. Но товарищь сверху пишит что мы русские как раньше должны объединиться против всемирного зла и спасти весь мир! Весь мир спасать нам не надо.. то что наши интересы совпали с интересами всего мира это просто совпадение! За всеми ходить и дерьмо убирать нам больше не нужно..."
- Joel Hernandez:"They need to drop a nuke and get it over with."
- legionaire81:"There is some kind of... poetry in cluster bombs :) I'm from Poland but I support Russia all the way." 28 Likes
- 232323C+Калинин Руслан :"I'm an American citizen and I applaud Russia for doing a great job..You have a great leader as well....no one is perfect but Putin stands head and shoulders above all the other leaders of the world....kudos!"
- Alex Nas:"Glory Russia! Bravo, Putin! "
- destro lock84:"America is the biggest Isis supporters, go Russia ! Slay those snakbars !!!"
- dambigfoot:"Islamic terrorists are getting destroyed by Russians and Syrians. Depending on next President of USA you won't see many U.S airstrikes until January 2017. By the time the next President is sworn in, ISIS will be very small and be confined to Libya. They will be wiped out of Iraq and Syria by Russia, Kurds, and Shiite Militias back by Iran."
- Hillari Clinton:"Эрдоганчик, а теперь они к тебе в гости пойдут, жди друзей из ДАИШ=))"
- rick devault:"Thank You president Putin At least you stick with your allies. Our leaders in the west speak softly and carry no stick. I've been really ashame of our president Hussein Obama the past 11 years his Kingship will soon be over and may god damn us if queen Hillary gets in Just come over and shake you fist and take over the White House."
- Wild Rice:"Russians know how to mash these bastards."
- 2vintage68":This seems like a serious air campaign that is really taking out terrorists/unlawful combatants; who gives a shit what they are calling themselves today or tomorrow....just annihilate every one of them."
- John Sobizzr:"The Syrian Military will just feed the Russians the targets coordinates , be it of Isis or any anti Assad rebels and their war gadgets will pound them to dusts. I feel sorry for the moderate rebels but this is how military strikes should be. Collateral damages are inevitable. USA and allies have been weak and just fucks around giving Isis more tricks to play with. Go, PUTIN ! Show Obama how this is done. Moderate rebels, should just step aside for time being, let Russia annihilate Isis."
- Solar Hellas+InYourFace :"Western leaders are not incapable! THEY MADE ISIS! ISIS is an "Islamic" Blackwater mercenary corporation designed, fabricated, armed and trained by westerners, their puppet states in Middle East and Israel. In Iraq on Oct. 2015 has been captured commander of Jihadi group who turned to be Israeli colonel in office. So it's clear our governments are CRIMINAL GANGS AND WE MUST GET RID OF THEM THE SOONER!"
- dpremi1126:"Why not Muslims and European countries should force USA to take 1 million refugees since it is the USA who destroyed Syrian homes and made people homeless and refugees just for the benefit of ISRAEL. It is misunderstanding of USA think tanks that a poor and suffering Syria will be safe for Israel. However, it will be more dangers for Israel because they will take revenge. All the world peace lover and humanity believers request for USA/UN, please, stop all war in the land of GOD. UN must stop injustice bias and paid media must stop defaming Islam or Muslims just because of some USA created terrorist for its political benefit in the name of religion. From east to west dirty politicians, misusing Islam, religion, and Muslims for cheap popularity and fast image among public. "
- 232323C:"I'm american too but I can say I'm sick of my countries leaders. They are corrupt and make me want to vomit. Go, Russsiaaaa! Sick em! Putin rules!"
- Jared Dixon:"Oh sure, Russia bombs the crap out of Syrian targets and everyone's like "whoo, go Russia, blow the turds sky high" but when the USA does it."
- Kakou Ton+Jared Dixon:"USA does what? They did nothing, but bombed empty desert and they are supplying "moderate rebels". Yeah, also I forgot that they are bombing hospitals, weddings and farmer's vehicles. If USA would start to bomb the sh*t out all of them like Russia does, then maybe they will have "whoo go USA" after all what they are already did."
- Леонид Леонидов+Kakou Ton:"Everything that makes your USA is like the supply of weapons to terrorists, which can't normally fight with the Russian. Calmly helicopters bombed positions of terrorists, and your vaunted needles can't knock down. ISIS doesn't know how to fight. Kill only civilians. Against a normal army will flee. As can be seen in the statistics, when Russia began to bomb. Russia has done more in 3 months than the US for 4 years. Russia will not give up, neither Iran nor Syria. Because we share many centuries of history, religion and friendship."
- Mark Richardson:"War clearly shows how the US armed the Afghans against Russia, probably where a lot of their weapons come from."
-Codin Udroiu+Kakou Ton:"You are wrong...US does something...right now the Jewish masters of US are thinking of a new tax... they need it...to create another group like ISIS...because Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin just ruined this one".
- полуночный ковбой:"I am proud that my folk can help to poor Syrian people, I cant imagine how they are tired from this stupid war. God Bless Syria !"
- Blind World:"America is the real Isis"
- Stan Johnson:"Well, I would have to say, RUSSIA IS FREAKING AWESOME! ---- Make those goons mumble! "
- Ilya Smirnov+Hollywood:"Your government makes you enemies of Russia. In case of war, I suspect they will be in the bunkers and the ordinary people will die, like you. If you are silent and do not resist the fact that your government is doing, then you support these policies."
- Dutch-Moroccan researcher:"So you hate Russia? There are 100.000 Muslims in Russian army. 16 mil Muslims live in Russia so you hate Russia? Assad is Muslim too and the Sunnis are the ones who are sacrificing their live to kill Isis. Look at he Kurds, Syrian ARAB army and IRAQI army."
- RUSS+Dutch-Moroccan researcher:"Wrong... it is over 30.000000 Muslims live in Russia... I am the pilot of civil aviation in Russia, believe me, in Russia there are many Muslim regions (Chechnya, North Ossetia, Tatarstan, Bashkiria republic ..)"Russia strikes on terrorists in Syria by Aerospace & Naval Forces. Missile & Bomb #2.
CIA Interventions in Syria: A Partial Timeline
By Michael S. Rozeff
This partial timeline provides evidence that the U.S. government and Obama in particular bear a significant responsibility for the Syrian war and the results of that war. Obama approved elements of CIA plans that go back over 65 years. The CIA meddling is distinct from the Pentagon’s failed plan to train moderate rebels, not covered in this timeline.
1940s and 1950s “…if you want to understand the origins of authoritarian rule in Syria today, it is important to go back to the 1940s and the 1950s and see the role the CIA played in that land.” See also here, p. 122: “In the late 1940’s, U.S. policymakers grew alarmed when the Syrian government, bowing to public pressure, refused to let a U.S. oil company build a pipeline through its territory. Washington also found the strong anti-Western sentiment and the large Communist party in the country ominous. Concerned that Syria was ‘drifting leftward’, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) laid plans to overthrow its three-year old civilian government.” CIA operatives met with right-wing military leaders in Damascus to discuss installing a “military-supported dictatorship”.
1947-1948 CIA attempts “to influence the 1947-8 elections by backing right-wing figures in the Nationalist Party…”
March, 1949 CIA sponsors Syrian coup d’etat; CIA directly involved.
1957 CIA and MI6 devise plan to assassinate 3 top Syrian leaders and overthrow the government. “…they planned to use agents provocateurs to launch a series of incidents.” “A ‘Free Syria Committee’ should be funded and ‘political factions with paramilitary or other actionist capabilities’ in Syria should be armed.” [Does this sound familiar?] See also here.
2006-2011 Prior to the onset of the Syrian war, the U.S. stirs up opposition to Syrian government (Assad). An April 18, 2011 article reads “Newly released WikiLeaks cables reveal that the US State Department has been secretly financing Syrian opposition groups and other opposition projects for at least five years, The Washington Post reports.”
March 2011 Daraa violence launches Syrian war. “The Daraa ‘protest movement’ on March 17-18 had all the appearances of a staged event involving covert support to Islamic terrorists by Mossad and/or Western intelligence.” “In Daraa, roof top snipers were targeting both police and demonstrators.” [Notice that this technique also occurred in the Kiev, Ukraine violence.] See also here.
August 18, 2011 Obama says Assad must go. “President Obama and European leaders called Thursday for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to resign, after months of his violent crackdown on protesters. The rhetorical escalation was backed by new U.S. sanctions designed to undermine Assad’s ability to finance his military operation.”
August 1, 2012 “Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels”. “The full extent of clandestine support that agencies like the CIA might be providing also is unclear.”
October 2, 2013 “The CIA is expanding a clandestine effort to train opposition fighters in Syria amid concern that moderate, U.S.-backed militias are rapidly losing ground in the country’s civil war, U.S. officials said.” “The pace of the CIA program amounts to a trickle into the ranks of opposition fighters, who total about 100,000. U.S. intelligence officials said that as many as 20,000 of those are considered ‘extremists’ with militant Islamist agendas.”
“Those hard-line factions have drained momentum and support from moderate rebel groups. The most prominent Islamist groups, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and Jabhat al-Nusra, include fighters who have extensive experience from the war in Iraq, have ties to al-Qaeda and have carried out high-profile strikes against Assad’s government.”
April 23, 2014 “The U.S. is providing more arms and training to the moderate rebels in Syria, under a growing secret program run by the CIA in Jordan.” “Skeptics doubt the U.S. effort will help much, given the weakened state of the opposition and the inroads made by al-Qaida fighters. The moderate fighters being supported currently have relatively little influence on the ground.”
Oct. 2, 2015 “The CIA has provided the thousands of fighters it has trained at secret bases in Jordan with communications equipment, intelligence support and arms, including antitank missiles. Those CIA-backed fighters reentered Syria across that country’s southern border with Jordan, but many have made their way into units that are now arrayed north and east of Damascus — areas that have been pounded by Russian strikes over the past several days.”
In my opinion, the most serious U.S. meddling is what the Wikileaks cables reveal, which is the State Department’s organization of domestic opposition to its elected government. This provoked the revolution that started in Daraa, and that provided an opening for radical and armed Muslim elements to enter the battle. Next in importance is Obama’s position that Assad must go, because this guides the entry of the CIA and Pentagon into the war while committing the U.S. to a politically untenable and impossible course of attempting to reconstitute a new government among radical and rival forces if and when Assad falls or rebel forces gain control. Undetermined but significant amounts of arms and training have ended up flowing to ISIS and other radical groups that the U.S. cannot control, and these forces can’t be dislodged without bigger military commitments by the U.S. Neither the CIA’s activities nor the Pentagon’s failed training program have resulted in control over the battlefield or those groups, which have expanded control over Syrian territory.
Why did Obama intervene in Syria? There are four main reasons and they are not mutually exclusive. One reason is “democracy promotion”. This appears again and again in his rhetoric and that of the State department, where “democracy” is taken to mean “rights” among other things. Obama viewed Assad as standing in the way of the Syrian people. Obama’s intention to bomb Syria when he accused Assad of using chemical weapons brought out a version of this position in his concern for violations of international law. Obama has an idea of world order and the U.S. role in enforcing it. Obama’s position on the Arab Spring also showed this democracy promotion concern. The second reason is to thwart Iran in order to maintain U.S. dominance in the region. Related to this is U.S. support for Saudi Arabia and Gulf states who have also supported rebel elements in Syria as well as support for Turkey. The U.S. leads a coalition. The third reason is Israel’s influence in administration circles and on Capitol Hill. The fourth reason is to thwart Russia’s influence in Syria and deny it access to the Mediterranean. This appears to have backfired.
These are all reasons associated with Empire. Maintaining and extending the U.S. Empire is the dominant underlying and unquestioned assumption in all of this and in all of the meddling going on in other countries. It is the idea that American ways are superior and should be extended over the globe to create some kind of world order that’s in some sense vaguely utopian or reaches a kind of ever-progressing ascent to God only knows what. There is no real benefit to us average everyday Americans from any of this government meddling in Syria. We can ascend on our own. We can progress or regress on our own, without such interference. We do not need to bring down Assad and replace him with phantom moderates of the choosing of the State Department, the CIA or a president. We can invent, paint, write and play music, plant and cultivate crops, build dwellings, travel, participate in sports, take recreational drugs, have sex, play computer games, write poetry and do innumerable other activities without notions of empire, foreign meddling, or even progress. Who is to say what anyone is to do but themselves?
Why would I or many sane Americans want to bother with who rules Syria or how they rule it? It’s not my province. It’s none of my business. How in the world can I know whether I’m doing any good if I decide to butt in?
The government doesn’t think this way. It’s composed of people who want to meddle and run for office for that very reason. They are arrogant enough to think that they know what’s good for everyone when they don’t know diddly-squat. Who are they but pompous babbling fools? The CIA attracts smart people who love to work by schemes and subterfuges behind the scenes. These are power freaks who love playing byzantine games and relish manipulations. Why should any sane American want to allow these kinds of people to have access to ungodly amounts of money and power that they waste on their futile and very dangerous schemes that kill, maim and destroy?"- from https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/10/michael-s-rozeff/cia-crimes-in-syria/%EF%BB%BF
The Best of Michael S. Rozeff