It isn’t going to keep going. When this bubble bursts there will be serious dislocation economically and politically.
Below Marc Faber opines on Carl Icahn’s comments.
"Yeah, the reckoning has been coming for a very long while. The Fed is out of control and lost. The stock market as it is is not sustainable. Many other markets are in the same boat. Any market which reflects the wants and desires of the rich (aka those closest to newly “printed” money) is pretty much in a bubble. Art, wine, etc. Even residential real estate in places like London and New York are bubblicious.
It isn’t going to keep going. When this bubble bursts there will be serious dislocation economically and politically.
Below Marc Faber opines on Carl Icahn’s comments.
From Richard Roth, CNN
Ambassador Riyad Mansour, the permanent observer of Palestine to the United Nations, objected to the veto in a statement following the vote. "The proper message that should have been sent by the Security Council to Israel, the occupying power, is that its contempt of international law and the international community will no longer be tolerated," he said. "We fear, however, that the message sent today may be one that only encourages further Israeli intransigence and impunity. This must be remedied."
Israel praised the veto, saying in a statement that the decision "contributes to the resumption of the diplomatic process and (it) regrets that the other Security Council members have refrained from making the same contribution."
The American Israel Public Affairs Committee also praised the veto, saying the action prevented "another one-sided, anti-Israeli resolution from being enacted by the U.N. Security Council."
- from http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/02/18/un.israel.settlements/
By Jerome Burne
Imagine a parasite that lodges in the brain and starts to exert a sinister influence over your behaviour. It affects how sexy you feel, or how angry or frightened, even how you dress. Not only does such a creature exist – but it may have infected up to 40 per cent of the population.
Perhaps the most famous example of such “zombie reprogramming” (or neuroparasitology, to give it its proper name) comes from a parasitic wasp that attaches its eggs to the belly of an orb spider. Larvae emerge and release chemicals that zombify the spider, which stops spinning its normal spiral web and instead starts producing a cocoon to hold the baby wasps when they emerge.
Then there is a parasitic fungus called Ophiocordyceps. After being infected with its spores, the Camponotus ant, found in the Brazilian rainforest, develops an unsteady gait, wandering off its normal paths. The creature has become compelled to find a remarkably precise location: a tree about 25cm above the usual ant trails, facing northwest. At noon, it will clamp its jaws on to a leaf in a death grip. Within six hours, it will be dead. A few days later, a tube will sprout from the ant’s head. This is the fruiting body of the fungus that emits the spores, which will infect a new generation of ants..
"Here is the complete list from Alinsky.
* RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood. (These are two things of which there is a plentiful supply. Government and corporations always have a difficult time appealing to people, and usually do so almost exclusively with economic arguments.)
* RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (Organizations under attack wonder why radicals don’t address the “real” issues. This is why. They avoid things with which they have no knowledge.)
* RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
* RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)
* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)
* RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones. (Radical activists, in this sense, are no different that any other human being. We all avoid “un-fun” activities, and but we revel at and enjoy the ones that work and bring results.)
* RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news. (Even radical activists get bored. So to keep them excited and involved, organizers are constantly coming up with new tactics.)
* RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)
* RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist. (Perception is reality. Large organizations always prepare a worst-case scenario, something that may be furthest from the activists’ minds. The upshot is that the organization will expend enormous time and energy, creating in its own collective mind the direst of conclusions. The possibilities can easily poison the mind and result in demoralization.)
* RULE 10: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog. (Unions used this tactic. Peaceful [albeit loud] demonstrations during the heyday of unions in the early to mid-20th Century incurred management’s wrath, often in the form of violence that eventually brought public sympathy to their side.)
* RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)
* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)"
Be Sociable, Share!
- Harrison J Bounel+Allen Chandler:"The dim0crats of today, who booed God at their last convention, of course, are more likely to vote for Satan over anything good. Saul Alinsky's book, Rules for radicals, their playbook, is dedicated to Lucifer. They are addicted to power and hungry for control and won't be happy until they have turned the world into a single entity under their totalitarian control. Very evil." - comment from "Hillary Clinton Exposed, Movie She Banned From Theaters Full Movie" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mYW5nmS9ps
Dangerous times are coming, according to the Congressman Ron Paul (about future currency crisis in USA)
12-Term Congressman Ron Paul's Warning to Americans about the Coming Currency Crisis.
Dangerous times are coming, according to the Congressman Ron Paul who is a truth teller (about currency crisis in USA). I think, he is giving us a way out of the coming mess so we don't fall too. It's an important sign when Ron Paul is willing to signal to America that he is cashing out. He is trying to reach out to people. 17 trillion dollars is a lot of money we will never ever pay back, so you need to somewhat shock people in order to wake people up. It seems the country got hijacked from under the nose of Americans.
Ron Paul is real and genuine. There simply is no way that anyone can "fake it" for a lifetime. My biggest hope for Ron Paul is that his son Rand becomes President and asks his father to be Secretary of State.
In any event, at some point Ron Paul WILL BE HONORED and remembered for his honesty, consistency, faithfulness to the United States Constitution, and above all for the millions upon millions of individuals whose minds and hearts he opened with his message of Liberty, Love and Hope.
Predicting when, how, and why a downturn in the economy will occur is extremely difficult. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
In retrospect, Dr. Paul's extreme rhetoric on the American economy might be justified given the widespread ignorance on the issue. Even worse, Libertarian and Monetarist views lack the political and popular support to challenge Keynesian-based ideology.
I support Ron Paul for his overall awareness and knowledge of economic issues.
A Ukrainian national flag flutters in the wind at a position held by the Ukrainian armed forces near the town of Maryinka in eastern Ukraine. (Reuters/Gleb Garanich)
By Alexander Reed Kelly on June 9, 2015
"Nearly a year and a half after the Euromaidan protests ushered a new government into power in Kiev, Ukraine is still in trouble. Some 6,200 people have been killed, more than 15,000 wounded, and 1.2 million internally displaced in a civil war that had by mid-March, according to the new president, Petro Poroshenko, destroyed "around 25 percent of the country's industrial potential.
"The country's economy is out of control: Trending downward since the end of 2013, Ukraine's gross domestic product is declining at a massive, accelerating rate. The World Bank predicts GDP will contract by as much as 7.5 percent during 2015. During 2014, the amount of money brought in on exports dropped by 40 percent, and between the beginning of 2014 and spring of this year, the goods and services available in the country became nearly 50 percent more expensive as the currency used to pay for them lost two-thirds of its value.
The most shameful and best-kept secret in the U.S. military? The epidemic of rape and sexual assault within the ranks. An American female soldier in a combat zone is more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire. A culture of privilege and impunity has resulted in few prosecutions, and the systematic isolation of women — and men — who dare report the crimes. The Invisible War http://invisiblewarmovie.com/ has received praise and recognition from Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell. AWARDS: 2014 Emmy Award — Best Documentary;
2014 Emmy Award — Outstanding Investigative Journalism – Long Form; 2013 Academy Award Nomination — Best Documentary Feature; 2013 George Foster Peabody Award.
The Invisible War http://itvs.org/films/invisible-war is a groundbreaking investigative documentary about one of America’s most shameful and best kept secrets: the epidemic of rape within the U.S. military. The film paints a startling picture of the extent of the problem — today, a female soldier in combat zones is more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire. The Department of Defense estimates there were a staggering 22,800 violent sex crimes in the military in 2011. Among all active-duty female soldiers, 20 % are sexually assaulted. Female soldiers aged 18 to 21 accounted for more than half of the victims.
Focusing on the powerfully emotional stories of rape victims, The Invisible War exposes the systemic cover-up of military sex crimes, chronicling the women’s struggles to rebuild their lives and fight for justice. It also features hard-hitting interviews with high- ranking military officials and members of Congress that reveal the perfect storm of conditions that exist for rape in the military, its long-hidden history, and what can be done to bring about much-needed change.
At the core of the film are interviews with the rape survivors themselves — people like Kori Cioca, who was beaten and raped by her supervisor in the U.S. Coast Guard; Ariana Klay, a Marine who served in Iraq before being raped by a senior officer and his friend, then threatened with death; and Trina McDonald who was drugged and raped repeatedly by military policemen on her remote Naval station in Adak, Alaska. And it isn’t just women; according to one study's estimate, one percent of men in the military — nearly 20,000 men — were sexually assaulted in 2009.
And while rape victims in the civilian world can turn to a police force and judicial system for help and justice, rape victims in the military must turn to their commanders — a move that is all too often met with foot-dragging at best, and reprisals at worst. Many rape victims find themselves forced to choose between speaking up and keeping their careers. Little wonder that only 8 percent of military sexual assault cases are prosecuted.
Since The Invisible War premiered at Sundance, the film has been circulating through the highest levels of the Pentagon and the Obama administration. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta watched The Invisible War on April 14, 2012. Two days later, he directed military commanders to hand over all sexual assault investigations to a higher-ranking colonel. At the same time, Panetta announced that each branch of the armed forces would establish a Special Victims Unit.
The Obstacles to Justice for Military Rape Victims: The domain of the Feres doctrine has stretched to prevent just about anyone from suing the military, including victims of rape, effectively blocking Service members from civil courts and finding justice.
20% of active-duty female soldiers are sexually assaulted while serving! What do you think of the fact that rape is an occupational hazard of military service, as it was recently ruled to be? Would you think twice if you were considering entering the military, especially as a woman? If you’re in the military, have you known anyone involved in a sexual assault? How was it handled?
From Storyleak.com Video Footage Of MH17 Shoot Down Reveals Critical Information
That the Western Powers, including NATO, have in their possession the satellite imagery, technical data and radar signatures which categorically locates exactly where in the eastern Ukraine the missile was fired from which took down MH17. The unique signatures, in particular, also identify the precise type of missile.
High-tech spycraft tracked missile’s path to Malaysia Airlines jet
Because the Ukraine has access to advanced US and NATO radar technology, the leaders in Kiev know much more about the missile attack than what they have indicated. One can only imagine the volumes of raw data and technical information in existence regarding every angle of this war crime which the US and Ukraine possess. Since it was committed against Malaysian Airlines and every person on board, it would seem that every nation involved would want access to all the relevant information and data.
Very informative documentary and way to present the facts in an objective context. Zionism is a filth that will one day destroy humanity! People forget history if it doesn't suit their needs.
Comments from under the video:
- Karl Simms:"Nothing is more anti-Semitic than Zionism. Zionism divides and conquers! Zionism=racism. Imagine Planet Earth without Zionists... would be the actual real paradise!!"
- Freigeist187:"NAZI = NAtional ZIonist. The Nazis even minted a coin explaining that German/Jewish team up. Google "Ein Nazi fährt nach Palästina" and look for the images of this coin. Zionists and the so called "Nazi Germany" was two sides of the same coin".
- Eugene Petit:"The Zionist Banksters-Jews orchestrated the fu*king thing. The War, the holocaust exaggeration, economic terrorism against Africa & the global south."
- Cheryl Moniz :"And Jews were never to have a state, so what happened is wrong."
Ron Paul | @RonPaul Monday, 13 Apr 2015
Militarism and military spending are on the rise everywhere as the new Cold War propaganda seems to be paying off. The new "threats" that are being hyped bring big profits to military contractors and the network of think tanks they pay to produce pro-war propaganda.
Here are just a few examples:
The German government announced last week that it would purchase 100 more "Leopard" tanks — a 45-percent increase in the country's inventory. Germany had greatly reduced its inventory of tanks as the end of the Cold War meant the end of any threat of a Soviet ground invasion of Europe. The German government now claims these 100 new tanks, which may cost nearly half a billion dollars, are necessary to respond to the new Russian assertiveness in the region. Never mind that Russia has neither invaded nor threatened any country in the region, much less a NATO member country.