See this Video: "The Reason Education Sucks". This speaks the truth. The sad truth. It seems Mr. Carlin is the last true prophet. For me he is not a comedian, for me he is a great teacher, scholar, mentor. He is more preacher than comedian. In my opinion he was the best cultural critic that ever lived. He had already passed away. I learned a lot of things through his comedy. Just take a look at today's screwed up world, Carlin would have material for at least 1000 more years... This guy knew about the Illuminati before all of us.
Comments below the video:
- SAMMIsLIFE:"Wow,everything he said about the "higher people", the people in that "club" lol... and them making all the decisions, is so TRUE! The elections are rigged, everything you hear is fake... ugh... if only there were more smart people to understand this."
- Fall:""It's called 'the American Dream' because you've got to be asleep to believe it." Damn that's good."
- Shutupmeg !:"This is one of my favorite Carlin quotes. My other one is "when you are born you get a ticket to the freak show and when you are born in America you get a front row seat."
- SEEK AHAYAH And YASHIYAH:"ILLUMINATI, ILLUMINATI, ILLUMINATI."
- Byron Jones:"Brilliant man, but he errs when he confuses education with schooling. Education has nothing to do with schools & universities. It is that subtle process that goes on every moment of your life."
- Denji2006:"I agree and all, but it's also only accurate because nothing has changed in the last 40 years. That's one of the major problems of our society."
- John Mcluren:"They owned you because you believed them and still you do. Long live conservatives."
- FuckTruckPluck:"Bernie, even if he were to be president, wouldn't change anything. Change will happen, however, when we stop giving the rich, managerial class the power they don't deserve. Don't we all work for a company or corporation in one form or another? So then why do we allow ourselves to be brainwashed to believe that a small number of people who are not democratically chosen should run and make decisions for these large wealth creating institutions? Wealth carries with it political influence, does it not? If every worker at McDonalds, even the teenage cashier, had a direct say in what the McDonalds corporation buys, sells, and invests its revenue in, wouldn't wealth, and thus political influence, be distributed more equally and the issue of "money in politics" become irrelevant?"
- Gary King:"They own the news. They don't want you to know anything except what they want you to know, and what they want you to learn in school. Safe Spaces are for children, not young adults. Public schools suck. Religious schools suck. Is there no other alternatives? We don't teach our children to reason why they get pregnant only that it's wrong and bad. Orgasms, particularly male orgasms inside of a female causes pregnancies, and to not do that, there is nothing wrong with free birth control for teenagers. They're going to have sex, like it or not.
They shouldn't have to have an abortion because they were stupid and uninformed. This world is rapidly becoming overpopulated, mostly with "know-nothings". This planet is and always has been for the survival of the fittest, we are allowing far too many week people to survive only to suffer all their lives, disease and genetic disorders are commonplace now, because we feel sorrow for them and can't let them go for our own personal reasons, i.e. money, pity, love or just plain selfishness. We would never let animals suffer like this, and neither would nature. Sounds harsh, but it's reality. EVOLVE, PEOPLE."
- Chunk Mustard:"Lets see where we are today. Standardized tests come with instructions on "what to do if a child vomits on their test". Simple things like addition and subtraction are now overly complicated. IVY league grads are looking for work, and sometimes end up flipping burgers. Couples earning 120K per year are finding themselves in debt. People can't survive on minimum wage. To buy an infant a pair of shoes would require a full day of work at a minimum wage job. People who contribute nothing to the economic system (bankers) are the highest payed. Responsible people who save money are losing it due to inflation. The only thing making any damn progress in the world, is technology, and video games."
- nikola zekic:"Our educational system has been taken over by the liberal Zionist Jews and they have indoctrinated our kids. Our children don't have a chance to be critical thinking individuals instead they have been fed cultural Marxist ideological crap which turned them into sexual deviant divisive idiots. Our kids marginalize heaven and earth and don't have any morality. Our community has been divided and when we are divided it's easy to manipulate and control us, this of course is the work of the international banker which controls everything in our lives even our socially engineered thoughts."
- A Skeptical Human:"Don't depend upon society to educate you. If you have spare time, internet access, and if you can afford to get your hands on books of your choosing, you have nobody to blame except yourself if you're an ignoramus. Blaming others, blaming society, and blaming the government and its education system is how people make themselves feel better for not knowing much. Take some responsibility for your own life and the state of your own mind, get your hands on a stack of books, and start reading. Time spent blaming others for why you're a fucking moron is time that you could (and should) be spending educating yourself."
- miguelr246+A Skeptical Human:"Ehm... you make a good point in your original comment but i think you either took it personally or missed what Carlin was saying. He wasn't mad about being an imbecile he was just pointing out that the whole "stressing kids with unreasonably excessive/mindless testing then addressing it with the mediocre remedy of lowering the test score" formula was contradictory and stupid. The part about the government was just kind of a fitting follow up and whether he was exaggerating or really meant it, I'm not sure. However it was probably for the comedic value. It's not just some salty old guy rambling, that is just how his comedy works: a series of observations and thought experiments."
- Get Good:"Listen to what he says at 1:06 and a few seconds after that. This is exactly what is happening with education. Schools are rewarded for passing students. Do you know how easy it is to pass students? Very easy, if you generate evaluations and tests that are easy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that measuring success based on passing rates is idiotic. I've seen it happen. Probably about 20% of all those who graduate from a degree were pushed through. The state gets really happy to see high graduation rates, even though those graduating can't even write or do simple math. The number of graduates from a 4-year degree who cannot write a coherent thought on paper is astounding."
-Major Tom:"I had a professor in college where 80% was an A, 60% was a B, and 40% was a C. The best part was it was all test based, and multiple choice. You could guess on every question and get 25%. If you had any idea what you were doing then, to get to at least 40% wasn't that hard. The best part was that it was a statistics class!"
- eukaryote90:"I'm a teacher at a school where a grade of 60% is considered a B. You can pass a grade with a 20% (a "D"). It is absolutely true. ABSOLUTELY."
- General Giblets:"Still have a somewhat decent system in England got to get your thick ass above fifty percent to get a D and while D is considered a "pass" it's not considered something to be proud of B or above and you did a decent job of it."
- eukaryote90:"Yeah, we don't do that anymore because it hurts the kid's self-esteem. Hence education is now meaningless, because they get promoted to the next grade regardless. This country has become a country of emotional wimps."
- JB:"I think his anger and discontent hurt his circulatory system and was especially hard on his heart. My heart sinks every time I realize he's not here on earth with us any longer. Such a good man. Had so much hope for the world and the potential of humanity and had to watch it be squandered daily by greed and selfishness. That is hard on a person emotionally. RIP Mr. Carlin, a true patriot."
- Steven Rathwell:"It's pretty ironic how the audience claps and cheers while he bluntly speaks the truth. I've always admired George Carlin for telling it like it is, and part of me wonders if this has anything to do with how he died. He was very outspoken during the shows leading up to his death and very anti-establishment. In my experience, people who do this don't last long in the entertainment business, or get killed off- those brave enough to tell the truth like Fritz Springmeier, JFK, John Lennon, Martin Luther King Jr. etc."